Cookie 6 and Firefox Bookmark/History Corruption

• I updated to Cookie 6 (AppStore version) today. Installed and imported settings. Quit Cookie 5 and decided to see if it worked. I quit Firefox, knowing all too well there can be corruption if cookies are removed when it is open, then selected Remove Unwanted Data. Re-opened Firefox to be greeted with the red banner telling me Firefox's Bookmark and History systems are not operational. So back to Time Machine to replace favorites.sqlite and places.sqlite in my Profile folder and all is well again. I think I'll run Cookie 5 for now and see if future updates improve this.

• That’s odd?
    I’ll take a look at my code

• I tried Cookie 6 again, and had the following:
    On quitting Firefox I get Cookie 6 needs access to the following path ~Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/Nameofdefaultprofile/Storage/default but if I grant it the dialog just pops up again and again. Clicking Cancel does the same, and quitting Cookie 6 is greyed out. I have to quit Cookie 6 via Activity Monitor. Then I can reopen Cookie 6 and Firefox, but the same happens again next time I quit Firefox. It seems the Full Disk Access I granted at set up hasn't stuck. Adding it again in my Firewall options didn't stick either, but after dropping Cookie 5 in the trash (I kept a zipped archive of it in case I have to go back again) it does seem to stay in the in the list of apps in Firewall options. Sadly, though, now when I quit Firefox I get the red banner telling me the Bookmarks and History system is unavailable as it is in use by another application. Once again I have to replace the files mentioned in my original post to bring those functions back. This is v6.0.2 from the AppStore.

• Just got the 6.0.3 update from the app store, and my first trial Firefox quit has not led to the issue. Fingers crossed!

• that's great!

• I am seeing this issue - places.sqlite is being corrupted when cookie is running, and appears to be remaining OK when cookie has been quit (and places.sqlite deleted and rebuilt by Firefox).

Firefox version is 70.0.2, Cookie version is 6.0.6
    Easiest way to see this is to go to Help->Troubleshooting and find Places Database, and click the Verify Integrity button - which appears to show that the database is corrupt on disk.

• Nigel

• disabling the timer for Firefox, and only removing data while Firefox is closed will avoid the corruption