WiFi Spoof working with Wifi but not Thunderbolt ethernet
I've been using WiFi spoof for some time without problem with the internal wifi card (2015 MacBook Pro running Mojave). I cannot get it to work with a thunderbolt plug-in adapter. Thunderbolt bridge is shown as an option in WiFi spoof but it does not match the ethernet adapter and has a different hardware address.
Is there something I am doing wrong?
A little more information for you:
The system has:
Thunderbolt 1 (en1)
Thunderbolt 2 (en2)
Thunderbolt Ethernet (en5)
But WiFi spoof only seems to recognise en0 and a Thunderbolt Bridge, which is not the ethernet adaptor.
Please let me know if there is anything else that I can provide to help.
If you are having the same problem follow these steps and it should work.
- Create a virtual network interface (manage virtual interfaces in network settings).
- Edit virtual iterface to include your thunderbolt ethernet adaptor only).
- Use WiFi spoof on the newly created virtual interface to change the mac address.
- Unplug the ethernet cable (you cannot switch mac address while this is still connected).
- Plug the ethernet cable back in and hey presto you are running with the new mac address.
A reboot causes the thunderbolt bridge virtual interface to be recreated, from that point onwards WiFi Spoof can only see the WiFi adapter and the (fairly pointless) thunderbolt bridge.
The virtual interface containing only the thunderbolt ethernet adapter is still visible (and active) in the network settings but WiFi spoof can nolonger see it. For some reason it seems to be eclipsed by the bridge no matter what you try (and I've tried everything that I can think of).
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated, I've ran out of ideas.