Safari 12.x default blue webiste icon permanently removed by Cookie?

• Seems like Cookie may have permanently removed the blue default from Safari 12.x URL bar on Sierra. Is this the intended behavior? Is there a way to get it back?

• Isn’t that a system option?
    Take a look on the general tab in System Preferences to change the highlight color.

(I think that’s what you mean)

• The icon shown at the left of the Safari URL bar when the website does not have a custom Favicon.

• Do the recently updated CookieScripts address this issue?

• the new scripts fix search history removal on Mojave. Are you certain the issue you are seeing is Cookie related? maybe it was removed from Safari in an update?

• @SweetP said in Safari 12.x default blue webiste icon permanently removed by Cookie?:

Are you certain the issue you are seeing is Cookie related? maybe it was removed from Safari in an update?

I think that starting with Safari 12 that the default website icon now lives somewhere in /Users/Library/Safari/Favicon Cache.
    Cookie5 (MAS) nukes this entire folder when 'Favicons' are removed...

• I just saw the icon preload on a new site I visited before the site favicon loaded. I don't think Cookie is removing it - as I also remove favicons regularly in my install. I also didn't see any trace of the default favicon in the Favicon Cache folder

Do you remove favicons while Safari is open at all?
    have you tried disabling Cookie for a restart of Safari, to see if the file is recreated