First of all thank your for Cookie, I've been looking for something like this for ages and it has all I could have hoped for and more!
Having said this, I hope you can help me with something that's been bugging me ever since I purchased Cookie about half a year ago:
In Preferences I've checked the 'Open Cookie at login (and hide)' option, and then it does that for a couple of days, but about every week or so it stops working. So I have to manually start Cookie and recheck the option, and then it works for another couple of days until the same thing happens.
I hope somebody can shed some light, it's a small pain but still annoying.
I'm on a Mac Pro (early 2008) 2x Quadcore, OSX 10.6.8 and Safari 5.1.7 (but the same thing happened in previous versions).
this is due to a conflict with DropBox I believe, I cant actually recreate the bug myself - and this makes it difficult to fix....
Having said that, I am thinking of rewriting a large part of Cookie, and the upside is, it should finally fix this annoyance. As well as provide memory usage improvements.
this could take me a while though....
I dont really know of any work arounds either, at this stage.
So, if you can hang in there and wait for the fix.
I apologize for the inconvenience, I have known about the bug for a while now, but thought that it only affected very few users. I get to work on finally fixing this issue. I already have 3.0.5 waiting in review on Apple's servers, so it will have to wait for 3.0.6.
My current login list:
- SmartDaemon (no idea what that is)
- EyeTV Helper
- RSS Menu
The suspect in this list may be EyeTV, this application has been causing lots of trouble over the years. I've removed it from this list many times but every time I use it, it automatically reappears in the list.
I have completely rewritten the start at login code, can you give this version a try, and let me know if it fixes your issue:
Thanks you so much, I definitely will give it a try but to be fair: this problem hasn't occurred for a long time now. I can't remember when was the last time I had to reset, but it must have been months ago.
So somehow it seems to be fixed already (or I've just been lucky).
Many thanks for your support.