All Cookie menu items greyed out except for help

• Hi,

I've been using Cookie 4 for a little over a year after purchasing it on the Mac App Store. For many months, the Cookie menu items have all been greyed out except for help. I couldn't find any solution so I decided to download the trial of Cookie 5 to see if that would solve the problem. (That's after restarting in safe mode to delete Cookie 4 since there was no way to quit Cookie.) Unfortunately I'm having the same problem with Cookie 5. Any idea why this is happening? I'm running OS X 10.11.6 on a Macbook Pro.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Rob

• Thats really odd,

I have come across this only once before, but was not sure what caused the problem.
    you could try removing Cookie's preferences by deleting these files:

Cookie4
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.sweetpproductions.Cookie.plist

Cookie5
    ~/Library/Containers/Cookie5

you will need to either logout/login or restart your computer to flush the file(s) from your computers cache.

• Hi Russell,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried that before with Cookie 4, and it seems to work for a little while, but the problem eventually returns. I tried it again and Cookie 5 seems to be OK now, so I'll watch and see what happens and let you know.

Thanks for your help with this.

-Rob

• Hi Rob,

when it happens again can you send me your preferences file:
    ~/Library/Containers/com.sweetpproductions.Cookie5/Data/Library/Preferences/com.sweetpproductions.Cookie5.plist

support at sweetpproductions.com